Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DJ

Daniel is getting out of the Army this year.  He re-enlisted once, and now he's ready to move onto the next phase of his life.  I'm glad, too.  2 of his friends were killed in Afghanistan within the past week.  They were in his unit.  He would have been there with them except for the fact that he had already decided to leave the Army and was given the choice to deploy.  He wisely opted to stay on US soil.

He applied for a job with an oil company.  He interviewed yesterday in Denver and called me this morning to let me know that he got the job!  I'm so excited for him.

He sent me a copy of the offer letter.  Holy smoke!  What a compensation package this kid will have!  He'll have a company truck.  The company will give him $4000 in order to move to Utah.  They will give him a free paycheck in advance and will pay all of his travel expenses.  Then, he'll be paid huge money as a base salary plus over-time.  The kid will be almost making more than I do!  They will match up to 8% of his salary for his 401k.  You just can't beat this deal.

The downside... he has to move to Roosevelt, Utah.  Or nearby Vernal Utah.  He won't know a soul, and will be 500 miles from home.

But he'll be working on his own maintaining the pumps and equipment on the pipeline.  They'll give him all of the schooling he needs for this.  They really want him to join their team, and he's excited to do so.  He's thrilled about the money.  I just hope he's happy.  That's all I've ever cared about.

No comments: