Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Writing

"Sayeth the Mommy!"
Oh, it has been so long since I've written.  Life here in this little town of Trinidad has been busy.  The first quarter of the year is always busy for my business, but we managed to squeeze in a couple of short trips.

The first was to visit my mother in Iowa.  I hadn't seen her in nearly 3 years since I moved.  Then she moved from Camarillo to Ames, Iowa, and time just slips away.  It was so nice to see her, though.  She will be 90 this year in October.  She is moving a little slower.  Forgetting a little more.  But still beautiful and great to be around.

We saw my sister, Linda, and her family.  Linda is a kind, funny, and wonderful person.  We had so much fun.  We played with the "photo booth" app on my iPad.  Hilarious!

DJ, Les & Jubal skeet shooting


Two weeks ago, we took another long weekend and went to Utah to meet Savannah's family.  She has a great family.  Her mom, Cindy, is a wonderful cook, and is fun to be around.   Savannah's dad, Jubal, is also a lot of fun.  Les and Jubal bonded immediately.

Savannah
Savannah is the kind of girl that... had I had a girl... I would be so happy and proud if she was just like Savannah.  She is very thoughtful, very loving, she has a great sense of humor and she is so pretty.  I have to laugh when she gazes at DJ, then turns to me and says, "Look at his lashes.  They're so long.  And his beard... it's so perfect!"

I smile -- I know she's in love.  And I can see changes in DJ, too.  They are so good for each other.  It's nice to see my son find his soul-mate.


Hoosier Pass, Colorado


Hoosier Pass, Colorado

No comments: