Sunday, November 10, 2013

Progress

There's our house on our mountain-top
After much negotiation, I finally have a deal I can live with on our stucco.  David came back last Thursday to go over things.  Chuck laid it all out on the line.  "You will respect this house, this land and these people!" he said to David.  "And you will do a better job than you did."

And sure enough, he did, too.  Chuck knows that David is able to do the work.  He's seen it many times before.  It's just that David seems to be too full of himself to pay attention to the details.  So Chuck just deflated his ego and made him do the right thing.  Which he seems happy to do now.  I'm so glad that Chuck has our back.  He's a good man.

The stucco wall under the west porch.
I picked Les up at the Denver airport Thursday.  I got a ticket while driving up to the parking area.  I was going 57 in a 35 mph zone.  What a bummer!  I haven't gotten a ticket since I was 18 years old.  I knew I was going a little fast -- I was just anxious to see my honey!

We stopped at a granite place in Denver on the way home.  They had aisles and aisles full of granite slabs.  Basically, you go in, pick a couple, then they do the math and see if they can work a deal.  No deal from them.  Way too expensive.

Then we stopped at another place in Pueblo.  Their prices were much more down to earth, so I think we'll be getting granite countertops.  I've always loved granite.  My whole home is made from earth and earthly products.  Straw, reclaimed standing-dead wood, and now stone.  I just can't wait to move in.  We've waited so long, and we're so close now.


Need ideas!
Check out the picture on the right.  That's our beetle-kill front door, covered by black plastic while the stucco is being applied.  I thought of putting an outline of the door in wood around the door.  Then covering that with some copper that Les has had for years.  Then, I wanted to put some dragonfly tiles here and there around it.  What do you think?  I will certainly be unique.  What I have in the picture is made just from scraps, but it does give an idea of what I'm talking about.

We're also working on colors for the color coat on the stucco.  Thinking of Buckskin.  Any thoughts?
 Stucco Colors

No comments: