Sunday, March 9, 2014

Inspections

The front door with my dragonfly tiles
The walls are painted.  The lights are installed.  The water is on and the appliances are all in.  The floors are done, (with the exception of needing 2 coats of wax on the laundry room, powder room and mud room floors.)

We had a minor mishap with the door hardware for the interior doors.  I ordered my hardware from www.SignatureHardware.com.  Love that site!  The interior levers were touted to be so wide, but they only proved to be not so wide and wouldn't cover the bore holes in the knotty pine doors.  I ordered more yesterday.  We'll see when they get here.

The great room.
We had the propane company hook up the gas on Friday.  Found out that the orifices for the gas dryer were not included with it.  (Even though I reminded them that I needed the LP conversion kit.)  So those are now on order.

We put together a shelving unit for the linen closet.  Then found out the assembled unit wouldn't fit in the door.  Woops.

The dining table - not yet assembled.
The sofa, Les's recliner, a coat rack and 2 night stands were delivered today.  The sofa is stunning.  The recliner had a little cut in the arm, so it went back on the truck.  The night stands are wider than I thought they would be, so we have to put our bed on a different wall.  That's a bummer.  After living in this house (in my head) for 9 years now, I never envisioned it on the north wall.  It was always on the east wall.  Oh well.

So, all of these little "oopsies" may make one think that I'm whining or complaining.  On the contrary.  This whole build has gone along so well, I'm absolutely ecstatic! These little nit-picky things?  No big deal at all.  Les put the dining table together in the great room, and the sofa is also in the great room.  Now, all there is to do is to bring all of the rest of our stuff in.  We should be in by next weekend!

Les plowing, Lucy riding shotgun
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking down the hallway





Into the kitchen/great room from the laundry room

No comments: