Thursday, May 12, 2011

Progress

Electricians setting up their job materials.
We have taken another step toward our goal within the last several days.  Our electrician came last week with 2 of his guys.  With Les, we had 4 people working on the electrical hookup to the garage.  Now we no longer have extension cords running all over the place and we have light with the flip of a switch.  Oooh, the technology!!

Les giving direction to the electrical contractor
I joke, but its' really nice to have a "modern" convenience up there.  The next thing we need is an outhouse.  Since there is no running water there yet, I think an outhouse would do the trick for now.  Not everyone can boast that they're the proud owners of an outhouse.

Yesterday, Les spent the day clipping LED light strands to a small cable.  Then he ran the cable through the trees in the circle.  We went up last night at dark and it was so beautiful.  The lights from the little town of Trinidad twinkling in the night.  The clear cool white lights in the trees.  Simply magical.

He only did 100' so far... we have another 150' to go.  The circle will be such a comforting place to sit and talk or just sit and think.  I need to do much more of that... just sit and think.  I still feel like I'm pulled in every direction.  I just need time to decompress.

Life without Schultz has been a bit emptier.  I miss the times when he would slowly walk down the hall and into my office.  He'd put his head on my knee and stare at me with his tail gently wagging.  I miss how he'd run to my rescue whenever Les would grab my foot to tickle it.  I miss the soft fur behind his ears.  I miss his beautiful brown eyes.  I miss his gentleness.
Schultz on the day before he died.  His eyes tell it all.

No comments: