Sunday, May 1, 2011


What a beautiful morning it has been.  We awoke to 2-3" of new snow.  It's a heavy, wet snow and it's something this part of the country has needed desperately.  It's been so dry, but today... gorgeous.  Mindy made her usual 7:30 wake up call.  It's not that she's particularly hungry -- and it's not that she has to go outside -- I think it's just because she's bored of being quiet during the night.


Last night I went out to Black Jack's Saloon for dinner with Jim and Joelle.  Our table was right next to our other friends -- Ken, Trish, Laurie and Eric.  Eric is a dog whisperer.  He has a grooming shop here in town, but has also studied dog psychology and dog training.  He's come here to the house 3 times so far to help me work with Mindy.  He's amazing.  And she will also be amazing when her training is done.  She's a really good dog... just hyper.

So we drove up to the property this morning.  The snow was already a bit slushy on the road.  We walked slowly and carefully.  Mindy, of course, can't walk anywhere.  She runs.  Then when she's done, flops down in the snow for a few seconds and then she runs some more.  While she's running, she opens her mouth to scoop snow with her lower jaw.  She's quite a character.

Les is on his way home -- via Boise.  Andrew has asked if he can come to spend a few months with us here in Trinidad.  Of course we said yes.  He just could not find a job in Boise.  I'm not so sure he'll be able to find one here, either.  But at least he'll have a roof over his head and a full belly.  I know that he's gone without food recently because he just had no money.  I give him some money when I know that he needs it, but he's too proud to ask unless he's desperate.  He really wanted to make it on his own... and I think he did to some degree.  He's only 20.  He's at that "technically an adult but still a kid" stage.  We just want him happy and safe.

I had 3 paintings in a local art show in April.  That was fun to see them at the gallery.  I didn't win anything, nor did I sell anything, but it was fun none-the-less.  I put a slightly higher price tag on them than I probably should have... because I don't really care if I sell them or not.  It's basically, "What would it cost to get me to part with them."

That's catching up on the week.  My brain is not flowing that well today.  Not sure why.  So until then...

No comments: