Thursday, August 25, 2011

Even More Bears

Last night as I was just going to bed around 10:00, I sat on the edge of the bed getting myself together when both dogs started going crazy at the window.  I threw open the blinds and once again, Yogi was standing there next to our trash can.  I yelled at him and he threw it in reverse and quickly vanished.

A few minutes later he was spotted 2 doors down munching on someone else's discards.  I feel so badly for this bear because he's just doing what bears do.  And this boy is so big he's obviously been around awhile.

Les was out at our friend, Jeff's last night, but I called him and we decided that as he was pulling into the driveway, I'd make sure the coast was clear on the walkway to the house.  It's not that we're afraid of Yogi, but we just don't want to surprise him or make him feel cornered.  As long as he knows we're here and we know he's there, I guess it will be an edgy, but symbiotic relationship.

But I'm going to keep my 9mm on my nightstand just in case.

Other than that we've had a bunch of earthquakes lately.  They're just west of town and are very shallow so we feel the intensity a lot more than with California quakes.  Everyone is wondering if it's because of the oil and gas production and/or the coal mines. 

Who knows?

No comments: