Saturday, November 5, 2011

SCRT

Les is still in California for at least another week.  To keep me amused, and also for my upcoming birthday, my dear friends Jim and Joelle invited me to a play here in town -- their treat.

It's nice that this little town is big on theater.  They have SCRT -- Southern Colorado Repertory Theater.  There are professional actors who put on some of the plays.  And tonight's play was done by various people from town.

My friend Steve Ortega was in tonight's play... as was my friend Lori Nava.  I knew a few other people on tonight's stage.  After living here in this little town for only 1-1/2 years I'm still amazed at how many people I know and how many people I can truly call, "my friend."  In California, most were simply acquaintances.  To find a true friend was really rare.

Before the play we had dinner.  Our friends Ken and Angela as well as Carol Ortega all sat at the same table.  At another table were even more friends.  I love it here.

The play was about Trinidad and its stories.  The first act was about 45 minutes and told of some of the people who have made Trinidad the place it is today.  While I know there is wonderful history of this place, truth be told -- the play was a little dull.  So at intermission Joelle expressed her desire to leave.  I wasn't opposed to the idea, but we wanted to see a little of the 2nd act.

We stood in the balcony and watched the stage below.  The actors were busy telling their tales.  After a few minutes I was horrified to hear my alarm go off on my phone.  Loudly!  Oh My God!!!  I turned the sound off before the play, but I completely forgot about the alarm to remind me to bring the plants in.  I turned and fled the balcony while the producer gave me the stink eye.

Oh well... just another day in the life of a complete moron.

No comments: