Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Footers

Rafe working on the footers.
The dirt guy, Rafe, was digging the footers for the house yesterday.  Chuck, our concrete guy, and Les drew out the lines for the house yesterday afternoon.  Les called me to come up and check it out so I grabbed my keys and ran out the door.  It's exciting to get the real feel of the sizes of the rooms.  I've been living in this house - albeit in my head - for several years now.  I envisioned the living room to be a little bigger, but the rest seems to be about right.  Anything will be bigger than our cute little duplex.

I talked to the bank president again today.  He had some questions about our application.  Once I answered those, he said that he's ready to present to the loan committee next Tuesday.  That will be a big relief.  If we get that loan, then we can really start moving on the house.

This is just so exciting!
Les & Chuck having a strategy discussion in the "bedroom" of our new home.

No comments: