Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Updates

He thought he was tricking me on this one.
Yes, the cabinets are in, but after closer inspection they came to be a little bit of a disappointment.  I called Ab, who said that he'd send Levi out to fix the few "sloppy" things the next time someone from the Amish community needs to catch a train.  (The train depot is here in Trinidad.)  But then yesterday I went into my new kitchen and pulled out the spice drawer, and it wouldn't open.  He didn't account for the glides when he mounted the door.

After having a really rough day up to that time, I called Ab nearly in tears.  I told him I don't care what it takes, he needs to fix it before the counter tops get there.  He promised to be here by the end of this week.  The counter tops will be installed on Monday.

Les touching up the paint after the grout
I'm certain that it will all work out really well.  Ab is a good man.  I think he just let his 17 year old son, Levi, do most of the work on these cabinets.  And, Amish or not, a 17 year old is a 17 year old!  They haven't quite grown a brain yet.
I had to have a piece of Schultz in our home.

This one is in the bedroom.
So, moving right along, I grouted 2 of our window seats yesterday.  I've dropped calling them window sills, because I'm sure they'll be used as seats quite a lot.  They turned out exactly as I had imagined.  It's funny, when I tell Chuck and Les what my vision is, they look at me a little weird... until they see it for themselves.

I'm quite happy with these.  Thanks to DJ who brought a lot of these granite scraps down from Pueblo.  Thanks to Chuck who placed them.  Thanks to Les who usually just lets me do what I want to do.  Happy, happy, happy.


No comments: