Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Morning

Today is Easter.  It is a gorgeous morning and I'm up here on the mountain.  We've already done our walk.  We took a downhill trail out the front of our property and down to the road.  Then we walked back up the road.  It's still a climb, but there's no cactus or brush for Schultz to get around or through.

It's so beautiful up here.  Thank you, God, for this gift.  And thank you for the gift of your Son.

Right now Schultz is laying in the doorway of the garage, gazing out into peacefulness.  Mindy is off doing Mindy stuff.  This will be such a good thing for her... living up here.  If only we had the money to start our house off now.  Patience...  I'm learning patience.

As Les is still in California, I would have been alone on Easter Sunday.  However my friends Joelle and Jim invited me to an early supper at their house.  She's cooking turkey and ham.  Jim wanted turkey, and Joelle's mom, Yolande, wanted ham.  So she's cooking both... for the four of us.  She asked me to bring a salad.  I think I'll make a nice spinach salad with hard boiled egg and strawberries.  Sounds yummy to me.

Then my friend Angela called yesterday.  She and Ken are having a get-together later this evening and invited me up there for dinner.  It's so wonderful to have such good friends so soon after moving here.  It hasn't even been a year.  I don't know if I'll go to Ken and Angela's.  I kind-of played hookie yesterday and I promised Les that I'd work on the kitchen paint this weekend.  I'll write about that later.

No comments: