Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year

Time just scurries on past you, doesn't it?  You're left standing there wondering what happened.

Les and I are taking the day off of work today.  Well... at least I am.  I watched 2 episodes of "Supernatural" this afternoon while Les played on his computer.  Now I'm blogging away while he sweeps the floor.  I feel guilty not helping him... that's just how I'm wired.  But not guilty enough to stop typing and go clean something.  I need a day off, damn it!  So does he, but he sees something that needs to be done, he needs to go do it.  He's a better person than I.

Maybe when he's done sweeping I will start a new book my good friend Ann gave me for Christmas.

In the meantime, the house is coming along.  We are pretty much out of money.  Chuck has made himself scarce this week as there's really not a lot for him to do right now.  The stucco guy and I have a love/hate relationship going on.  Sometimes he seems so insightful, but more often than not he's just a pain in our butts and we wish he'd hurry up and finish.

We decided to go with only 2 coats of stucco on the inside, that will save us a few thousand dollars.  Right now, our construction loan is drained, and Chase Freedom credit card will help us out with the rest of our home.  The last thing I wanted to do was to owe yet more money, but at this point we're exhausted and we need help.  I feel literally exhausted.  And we haven't even started painting yet.


"Hauling" Water.
Once the stucco crew is out of there, I will place my granite on the window ledges.  There is a lot of space to cover, but I've been spending time planning my attack on the mosaic.  When the walls dry to the point of a lower humidity, then we can start priming and painting.  We need to stain and seal the floors.  The Chuck needs to hang all of the rest of the doors.  All of the interior doors need to be hung, and the storm doors on the outside.  We need to install the plumbing fixtures and the lighting fixtures.

Filling the cisterns
 
Ab needs to install the cabinets, our granite needs to be installed.  We're going with a cheap laminate in the laundry room.  We have some marble that we brought with us from California -- I'm thinking that will look good as our master bath counter top.  Trying to do this as cheaply as possible, but the money and the energy has now dried up.  Not sure what we're going to do but keep on keeping on.

Les is leaving for California in a couple of weeks.  And January is my busiest month.  I don't see much happening with the house until he gets home.  Maybe I can throw some primer on the walls while he's gone.



No comments: