Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Floors

With Chuck and Kent's help, real progress has been made on the house.  Last night I stained the floor in the pantry and great room.  It turned out beautifully.  It's like a watercolor... exactly what I wanted.
Living room

And the electrician has been busy at work.  We finally have lights, power plugs that actually work, and ceiling fans.  Tomorrow morning, I will go to seal the floor in the kitchen/great room.  Friday I will be going up to Colorado Springs to pick Les up at the airport, (Yay!) then we'll put another coat of sealer on Friday evening.  

Bedroom
Saturday, the cabinets come!  Sometime next week, the plumber will come to give us a real, working bathroom.  Now don't get me wrong, the outhouse has been a delight.  It's probably got the best view of any outhouse this side of the Mississippi.  But it's still an outhouse.  Actual running water will be such a blessing.

Office
After that, we still need to finish 2 window sills.  Put the interior doors in, and we WILL be moving in by the end of February.  Just in time, too.  I don't think my aching back can take much more.  Wah!
Acid stain floor in the master bath



Master Bath


Looks like watercolor

Living room

No comments: