Monday, October 7, 2013

Dogs

Dogs and straw - seems like they're just made for each other.  The yellow and the stubby tail dogs are ours -- Lucy & Mindy.  The shaggy boy is Trooper, he's my neighbors' dog.  And the older, grumpier dog is Doogie.  He's very sweet, but tends to want to straighten the "kids" out when they play too hard.

The house is coming along.  The hold-up this week is the windows.  I was told that they would be delivered today, but alas, it's not to be yet.  Not until next week.

The front of the house
We are really hoping to have the stucco started next week.  I am desperate to get dried in by the end of the month.  I'm constantly checking the weather.  It's been in the 20's at night.  Days are in the low 70's.  And, (Thank you, God) there is no rain in the immediate future.  But I'm holding my breath.  The bales can't be more than 14% in moisture content.  So we measure each bale with our moisture meter.  Some we have to toss outside to dry a little more. I, fortunately, ordered about 75 more bales than we needed.  Whatever is left over I will either sell on CraigsList or we will build a greenhouse or a chicken coop.  I'll be happy as can be either way.  I've always wanted a greenhouse.  And I love chickens.  Chickens are cool.
Putting in bales in the mechanical room.

 Andy is up there working on the house today. I've been up there daily, but I've also been neglecting my business a little bit.  So I'm forcing myself to stay home to work today.  Sigh!

No comments: