Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Green Roof

Look what my romantic hubby did.
I have always wanted a country house with a green metal roof.  I now have just that!

Sam and his crew are working on the roof today, and should finish tomorrow.  It's green -- as you can see.  Les and I spent today wrapping all of the wood with felt paper.  All of that wood will be covered with the straw and then with plaster.  The felt paper protects the wood from any dampness and rot.  It's a tedious job, but when it's done, we won't ever have to think about that again.

The footer with foam, rock, and nails.
Chuck laid just a few bales today.  He was anxious to see how it all works.  He said that the designer we went through, Chris Keefe of Organic Forms Design, did a fabulous job drawing the plans.  And I would also recommend Chris - really, really good at what he does.

Here are the pics from today.  Les drew a heart with our initials on one of our porch posts.  He's such a great guy!


My green roof.



The first bales.

No comments: