Friday, October 25, 2013

Water & Power

Dining room and kitchen
The "trades" have been busy at work this week.  We now have electricity into our new house.  And the water is almost in, too.  Of course, none of the fixtures are in yet so it's not like I can turn on a faucet or a light, but getting utilities into the structure is a big step.  We hope to be inspected next Wednesday for our framing, plumbing and electric.  Then we can start closing everything up.

Chuck and Kent have been busy at work putting up the soffits, the attic vents, the stucco mesh, the flashing, etc.  Come next Thursday, we should be starting stucco.  I met our stucco guy, David.  What a character!  His arms fling everywhere when he talks.  He sounds like he knows what he's doing.  Chuck has known him for the better part of 30 years.  So if Chuck trusts him, he's good enough for me. 

In the guest closet

Today David asked me if I'd like some kind of design over my doors.  Got me to thinking -- maybe a gecko?  How about a sun ray?  I'll have to put some thought to that over the next few days.


Let there be light!  Tom working in the mechanical room.
 
Then, when he's done with the first coat outside, I'm just going to have him start on the inside.  I thought that Les and I could probably do that, but who am I kidding?  I did the inside plaster on an adobe house when I was 22.  But that was hundreds of years ago, or so it seems.  It wasn't hard, just time consuming -- something I have very little of in the first place.  Les wouldn't like it, either. 

We'll probably be going over budget with this stucco/plaster job.  What are you gonna do?  Still hoping to be in my new house in the next couple of months.  Wouldn't that be so great?




No comments: