Monday, December 16, 2013

Progress

David finished the last part under the west porch today.
Little by little, day by day, progress is being made.  The stucco guy, David, finished the outside of the house today.  I really like the color of the wet stucco, not so much the dry.  But I will get used to it in time.  It's still beautiful, though lighter and not as rich as the wet.  I just love saturated colors.  None of those wimpy pastels for me!

Then it's time for him to start on the inside.

Need to grout in between the rocks
We started on the mud and tape for the sheetrock on Saturday.  Kent worked with Chuck on that, while Les and I put the rest of the rocks up on the wall behind the wood stove.  I started on the grout and, "YIKES!" wrong color completely.  So, another trip to Pueblo is in order to return what we never opened and get another color.

Pueblo, being 80 miles away, is our nearest Home Depot and Lowe's.  We have a local "builder's supply" store, Trinidad Builder's Supply.  But if you need soffit vents, they only have 7 of them instead of the 30 that I need.  Or, the other day I needed bullnose for the arches and I needed mortar mix.  The bullnose they had, the mortar mix, they didn't.

In Raton, (in New Mexico and about 20 miles away) there is a really good builder's supply.  Raton Builder's Supply has supplied most of the materials for the house.  But still, being in a small town, their choice of grout colors may not be all that big.  And, they're not open Sundays.  So, it's off to Pueblo we go.

We get shipments nearly every day via UPS.  Friday, they delivered the granite counter top and sink for the guest bath.  Today, they picked up the broken counter top and sink for the guest bath.  Amazon will have another one delivered.  I've become best friends with Amazon, Signature Hardware, Build.com, Lowe's.com and Home Depot.com.  You know me... love to shop online.

It's a boy!

No comments: