Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mid-March

Tonight there was an absolutely gorgeous moon.

We've been blessed with Spring-like weather.  Enough so that Les wore his shorts today.  And I was in my short sleeves.

It's been a somewhat frustrating day today.  Les had a check-up at the doctor this morning.  Even though our appointment was at 8:00 am, the doctor was still 1/2 hour late.  I can't stand it when you're left waiting and waiting at the doctor's office.  One of my pet peeves.

I worked until after 6:00 tonight, then had to go to the grocery store.  After we made our purchases we backed out of our parking space and BAM!... right into the back of another car who was also backing out of her parking space.  (Les was driving.)  All I thought of was deductibles and increased premiums.  The Jeep is a 2008.  It's a nice car and I don't want dents all over it, so of course, we'll be fixing it.

We didn't get home until 7:30 and I was immediately on the phone with a client.  Dinner didn't start until 8, and then, while washing the dishes, Schultz decided to poop in the house.  (Big groan here.)  So I picked up poop and was walking it out to the trash -- muttering and cursing.  I glanced up and barely registered the moon.

After coming back into the house it hit me.  The moon was incredibly beautiful tonight.  So I went back outside for an attitude adjustment.

This picture gives tonight's moon no justice.

There were high clouds this afternoon, and tonight's moon was circled with bands of color.  Red, yellow, blue and purple.  And the wispy clouds gave the impression of fine lace upon the face of the moon.  I must take the time each and every single day to stop and appreciate the beauty of what's around me.  That will be my salvation.

No comments: