Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meditation Trails

A "pull-through" spot for a camper.
My wonderful husband has been hard at work lately.  When he's not traveling around visiting or working his business in California, he's hard at work here in Trinidad.

Today, he worked on the refrigerator here in our quaint little house.  Right now it's 5:30 and he's "hard at work" playing solitaire.  (I just had to throw that in.)  But usually he's hard at work up on our property.

He did a beautiful job working on the "circle."  (We have to find a better name for that.)  Last week he had two dump trucks deliver gravel to put down in the circle.  He's cleared all of the scrub oak.  He made a nice little pull-through for his brother, Sonny, when he and Rae will come and visit in late May.  They'll be bringing their little trailer and will probably camp up there.  So Les made a nice little spot for their trailer.

He's made a nice fire-pit and some benches made from rock.  It's really a peaceful, interesting place to sit and think.

Then, he made trails.  Now we have 35 acres.  The majority of it is steep, but still not that bad to navigate.  Les, DJ and I took the better part of 2 hours hiking to the bottom of the canyon, then back up.  We left my Schultzie Boy at home for that one.  He would insist on following, but I think it would have been too much for him.  Mindy, however, enjoyed it thoroughly.

But up on the top part of our land, Les carved what I call, "Meditation Trails."  There are many natural paths that the local critters use.  Deer -- elk -- fox.  So using those trails, he just made them wider and easier to traverse.  He cut out lots of scrub oak and trimmed the trees so they wouldn't be so inclined to reach out and poke us or grab us.  They are more-or-less level and easy to walk.

The reason I call them my Meditation Trails is because I can spend so much time slowly walking them.  I look at the rocks.  I examine the moss on the trees.  I thank God for all of this nearly every day.  I walk and I think and I thank.
Les and the "kids" doing his own meditating.

I can't wait until our lovely little straw bale house is built so that we can live up there.


Look at this amazing tree!


Les marks the path with piles of rocks.

No comments: