Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Taking a Break

Today, we had to go to the bank. 

While Trinidad has many of one's desired conveniences, it's still a small Colorado town.  That said, you really have a choice of only 4 local banks.  We've been banking with Wells Fargo Bank since 1985.  I have a longer history with my bank than I do with my adult children!

After slaving away at my desk all week, today we took a break and headed into New Mexico so we could deposit some checks into the bank.  I know that it sounds like a long trip, but New Mexico is only about 15 miles away and the nearest Wells Fargo Bank is in Raton... 17 miles away.

It was very hot in Trinidad today.  It was 91 degrees and fairly sunny as we left our beloved little town and headed south.  The Raton Pass is nearly 8,000 feet in elevation.  By the time we crested the pass, the temperature had dropped to 65 degrees and it was raining.  17 miles -- 26 degrees.  Wow!

That's one of the many things I love about this place.  It has rained nearly every day.  Mornings are usually sunny with a cool breeze and moderate temperatures.  By mid afternoon, clouds are making their way in.  By late afternoon we have a short storm, and then the clouds move off and reveal the sun again.  It's so interesting here...

More later....

No comments: