Friday, January 28, 2011

What a Week.

Oh, what a week it's been.  Les left last Friday for California.  He expects to be gone pretty much 3 weeks.  In the meantime, I'm here at home with my January blues.

I'm blessed to have so many clients who love me and need me.  But during January I burn the candle at both ends and there is no help anywhere.  Boo-hoo.  Yes, I'll have my glass of whine now.

To add to things, Schultz has been sick all week.  He's having a problem with "things not coming out as they should."  A serious problem.

This morning that problem reared its ugly head in the Jeep.  IN THE JEEP!  Fortunately, we have a "Scout's Seat Saver" from Duluth Trading Post... one of our favorite merchants.  It took me about 1/2 hour cleaning that off when we arrived at the property.  It was a challenge since we have no running water up there.  So with paper towels and Lysol Pop-Up wipes, I was able to clean it enough to get it and everyone back home.  Then, into the washer it went.

While that was washing and while I was in the throes of  trying desperately to keep up with the massive volume of work I have that's due on Monday, Schultz came into the office, looked deeply into my eyes, then hunched his back again.  This time he christened the floor, the door, the printer table, the printer cable, and my laptop computer bag.  And the moment I realized what was going on, I rushed him quickly out of the house.  So in addition to most of my office, he got the hall, the dining room floor, the kitchen and the mud room.  By the time we made it outside he was empty.

Fortunately, today was a nice warm day.  ALL of the doors and windows were opened in a brave attempt to air the place out.  But then I was back on my hands and knees again with the Clorox and the paper towels.  Good Grief!

I made a quick call to our country vet who said to bring him in.  His temperature is normal, so it could be the cancer.  But we are choosing to believe that he just has some bug and antibiotics and some heavy-duty meds should (hopefully) do the trick.


I have to write about our vet.  He is a very cool man.  Down to earth in his jeans and cowboy boots.  Doesn't have much of an examination room so he just gets down on the floor with the dogs.  After he took a look at my boy he sat on one of the chairs next to me.  Even though I was really scared for Schultz, I couldn't help but be amused at the fact that he took off one of his cowboy boots, then adjusted the placement of the hole in his sock before he put the boot back on.

I love this town.  I love most of the people in it.  This is pretty close to heaven, I think.

No comments: