Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Happenings in Trinidad

This last weekend was the 12th annual Trinidaddio Blues Festival.  People come from all over to see this great show.  While we've been to previous shows, this year we decided to stay away and just be "locals." 

Friday the town was buzzing with excitement and was almost a bit crowded because of the many people drawn to the show.  The town put on an art-walk on Friday afternoon and early evening. 

Les and I had some California friends come to visit us for a couple of hours on Friday.  It was good to see them... our first "California" visitors.  We took them up to see our property.   I just can't WAIT until our home is finally under way.  I would so rather live up on that gorgeous piece of property. 

Don't get me wrong... our little house in town is very cute and comfortable.  But it's only temporary and I am intricately intertwined (emotionally) with our strawbale home.  If I should die before it's built, I want my ashes mixed in with the mud on the walls. 

Saturday, Les went up to Pueblo, about an 80 mile drive, to spend the day with DJ at the Diesel show.  They had drag races and burnout contests.  They had a very fun day together.

I spent the day visiting some of the local antique and art shops.  Now being a local, you'd think I had all of the time in the world to visit these unique little shops.  But I've been busy.  Saturday, spending the day alone with our two pups, (Schultz and Mindy) I just finally felt free to sit and watch movies, go for a drive, or chat with the shop owners downtown. A very relaxing day.

Sunday we spent a lovely afternoon visiting with some friends.  Every year, Jeff and Jeanine invite lots of people over for a brunch the morning after the Blues Fest.  We met Jeff and Jeanine 3 years ago on one of our yearly treks to Trinidad.  Within minutes of meeting them, they offered to have us stay with them rather than the Best Western where we stayed the first 2 years after we bought property here.  That's the kind of people they are.  We've met so many people who are just as generous and kind.  I love this place.

No comments: