Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010


I arrived in Trinidad on Wednesday afternoon. It was a long drive, but so worth it! Yesterday I set up my "office" in front of a large window that looks out over Fisher Peak. (I've uploaded a photo.) It's so pretty here. Right outside of the window is a hummingbird feeder -- and beyond that is a feeder on the ground for the other birds. The hummingbirds are so busy coming & going to the feeder. I have my camera with me always. But the hummingbirds are so busy that by the time I grab the camera & focus it, they're gone again.

This morning I took a walk with Schultz. It seemed to be about a mile. It's funny to walk a mile and still be on the same property. I found a really interesting stone that looked completely out of place. Not sure what it is.

Right now it looks like it's snowing up on the mountains. It's been cold here. I don't think it got out of the 40's today. I don't mind, though. I kind-of like the cooler weather. I like the seasons. I really missed that while in California.

I do miss Les, though. I talked to him a few times already today. Hopefully he'll be coming here soon.

No comments: