Sunday, May 9, 2010

Original Date May 9, 2010

This is it. My last night living here in California. It's been a really long 5 years, but the time has finally arrived. Tomorrow morning, early, Schultz & I will be hopping into my Jeep; we will hook up my little trailer; and hit the road. Les has been absolutely marvelous getting everything all packed and prepared for this trip. I hope to be in Flagstaff by tomorrow night. We'll see how far I get before I get too tired to go on. I didn't sleep well last night. Probably just the jitters. Of course, it could have been all of the wine, too. Ann & Marty threw a party for us last night. It was so great to see all of our friends but it's been really hard to say goodbye. We took Mom out to dinner today, I cried when we dropped her off at her apartment. I cried when I said goodbye to my dear friend Ann. And this morning I cried when I said goodbye to my good friend Janis.

But starting tomorrow, we are starting a new chapter. We will be laying the ground work for the rest of our lives. Once I get to Trinidad, I'll check on the construction loan and will probably get the permits for the house. Once the permits are in place, we can finally get an address. If anyone reads this, please pray that the construction loan goes through without any hitches.

I'll try to write more tomorrow night... hopefully from Flagstaff.

No comments: